The practice of gathering in circle around a fire started with our earliest ancestors and has accompanied human beings ever since. As humans, we “remember” this space of circle in which we listen carefully, speak thoughtfully, and “lean in” to shared purpose. Though different than the survival our earliest ancestors may have needed, we too depend on circle for survival in these contemporary times.
WHAT IS THE CIRCLE WAY?
The Circle Way is a body of work combining ancient lineage and modern social technology in a refined, lightly-structured group process designed by Christina Baldwin and Ann Linnea in 1992. The two founders taught, applied, and evolved this work in a 25-year writing and teaching cycle applied world-wide.
The Circle Way is:
- A way of being in the world
- A structure for deep conversation and wise outcomes
- A growing movement of global practice
WHAT IS THIS COURSE AND WHO IS IT FOR?
This course is for people who already have a basic understanding of the Circle Way and are interested in journeying further into the subtleties, deeper meaning, and effective application of hosting this methodology well.
We will explore:
- Components and conditions that create strong containers for The Circle Way practice
- Designing for better listening and intentional speaking
- Dynamics of energetics, shadow, and conflict in sustaining healthy circles
- The special contributions of story and appreciation in Circle
- The capacities of circle that invite collective intelligence to emerge
- How the “leader in every chair” approach can achieve more commitment, ownership, joy and sustainable solutions and decisions
- How a deeper understanding The Circle Way practice allows us to host from a deeper place, whatever methods we are using
April 5th – The Circle Way: Deeper Meaning & Purpose
April 12th – Origin and Lineage (w/Christina Baldwin)
April 19th – Essential Subtleties
April 26th – Ongoing Practice & Further Questions
We’ll be using a participatory, peer-learning format that will draw on the power and expanse of our shared experience and increase our capacity to learn with and from each other. Working online, we can take advantage of the international scope of our interconnected communities.
- Participatory “Real Time” Sessions
- Exercises to Apply in your own Context
- Closed Facebook Group for Peer Exchange
- Course Compendium for Future Reference
ALTERNATIVE ECONOMY POLICY
We have priced this course to be as accessible as possible – 100% of the suggested registration fee of $350 covers the costs of producing this training.
AND we don’t want finances to get in the way of your participation, so there are alternative financial options in your registration form, including team rates for groups of 3 or more working together, and an invitation to contribute more to help cover those who can’t pay the full rate right now. Contact us for team rate promo codes, or if you need more help making the course work for you financially.
THE DEEP DIVE LEARNING SERIES
This course is part of our Deep Dive Learning Series, where we focus on specific participatory methodologies and their deeper meaning, purpose, and application.
Deep Dive courses are aimed at practitioners who already have a basic understanding and some experience with the practice we are working with – they are intended to expand and deepen your practice in this method, dive into what it is really for and the essence of what makes it work, really. What is the learning edge around these methodologies? What is changing; what is the essence of the practice?
During these courses we will explore:
- Lineage/Origin & History/ Relationship to Elders
- The deeper meaning and intention of the methodology
- The practice, focusing on the subtler elements that may not be initially apparent
- Diverse case stories of applying the methodology in different contexts and within different conditions
- Creating the best conditions for fruitful application though good preparation and strategic follow-up
- Connections with other practices and methodologies
- Participant questions